Open Door offers multiple ways to get protected!
1.) Downtown Muncie health center (registration through state system)
2.) Neighborhood-based clinics (currently walk-up, no pre-registration)
Vaccination at Open Door in Downtown Muncie
If you are eligible, CLICK HERE to schedule vaccination online.
To schedule by phone, CALL 211.
To join Open Door’s no-waste list, CLICK HERE.
The state’s eligibility guidelines currently apply to vaccination at Open Door. This includes all Hoosiers age 16+. Open Door vaccinates ages 18+ at this site due to current Moderna requirements. Vaccination is also available at other sites in the county. Eligible individuals can be vaccinated at any site, even sites outside their own county.
Things to know about this site:
- By appointment only (Mon. 8-5 / Tues., Weds., Thurs. 8-6 / Fri. 8-5)
- Vaccination is at 333 S. Madison St. Use the main entrance off Adams St.
- You do NOT need to be an Open Door patient
- Open Door’s vaccine at this site is currently Moderna
- You’ll receive TWO Moderna doses, FOUR weeks apart. At your 1st visit, you’ll be scheduled for your 2nd dose
- Wheelchairs are available (Vaccination is indoors)
- Due to limited supply, walk-ins cannot be accepted
Neighborhood-based vaccination clinics
- Walk-up > No appointment needed! (Not part of state registration system)
- Open to any eligible community member
- Currently offering Moderna only. You’ll be scheduled for 2nd dose 4 weeks later. This will be at the same site as the 1st dose.)
Neighborhood-based clinic schedule
Mar. 26 | Buley Center | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | 1111 N. Penn, Muncie
Apr. 7 | Gillespie Towers | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | 701 W. Jackson, Muncie
Apr. 8 | Avondale United Methodist Church | 2:30-5:30 p.m. | 1314 W. 10th St., Muncie
Saturday, Apr. 17 | Destiny Christian Academy | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | 700 N. Jefferson, Muncie
Friday, Apr. 23 | Eaton Community Center | 1-4 p.m. | 600 E. Harris, Eaton
Wednesday, Apr. 28 | Earthstone Terrace | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | 3300 S. Juniper Ln., Muncie
Wednesday, Apr. 28 | Southern Pines | 2 p.m.-5 p.m. | 4110 S. Pinewood Dr., Muncie
Friday, Apr. 30 | Ross Community Center | 12:30-3:30 p.m. | 1110 W. 10th, Muncie
NEW! No-waste list
Open Door currently offers a public no-waste list. To learn more and sign up, click here.
General COVID-19 vaccination information
- Request transportation assistance by calling 211.
- Citizenship is NOT required for vaccination. Citizenship information is not collected.
- Photo ID may be required at the time of vaccination.
- The vaccine is NO COST to you. Insurance information may be collected when applicable, but you will not be billed.
Who is currently eligible for COVID-19 vaccination in Indiana?
Click here to see the full list.
Do you have a primary care provider?
If you don’t have a local provider, we invite you to connect with an Open Door physician or nurse practitioner. No matter how long it’s been since your last doctor’s visit, our team is ready to learn about your needs and become a partner in health. At check-in for your vaccine, let a team member know you’re interested in establishing care, or call us at (765) 286-7000.