Open Door Health Services has staff available to assist patients and community members with a variety of assistance programs. These staff are licensed Indiana Navigators and provide FREE assistance regardless of whether or not people are patients at Open Door. Some of the services provided as part of Covering Kids & Families of East Central Indiana are:
- Hoosier Healthwise (HHW): Indiana’s health care program for children 0-18 years of age, offering medical, dental, and vision coverage at little or no cost.
- Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP): Indiana’s health care program for uninsured adults, offering medical, dental, vision, and pregnancy coverage for a minimal, monthly contribution based on income and family size.
- Presumptive Eligibility (PE): A temporary coverage for services only while your eligibility is being determined for other Indiana coverage.
- Health Insurance Marketplace: The program where individuals and small businesses not eligible for Indiana’s plans can shop for and buy private health insurance at reduced costs based on income and family size. Most applicants qualify for premium tax credits that lower the costs of coverage. All plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions, and preventive care.
What you need to apply:
- Birth dates for every person in the household
- Social Security Numbers for those applying
- Income information for everyone in the household (pay stubs, statement of benefits, etc)
- Tax information (filing status, dependents, estimated taxable income)
- Other health insurance information (cards, policy numbers)
- Employer Coverage Tool (Only needed for Marketplace Applications)
Eligibility for these programs is based on household size and income. To learn more about your options, contact a Navigator today.