Open Door follows CDC guidance for preventing spread of illnesses, including COVID-19 (the illness caused by coronavirus). There is currently no vaccine for COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
The CDC recommends we all take these steps to protect ourselves and others:
• Wash hands often, for at least 20 seconds – especially after coughing, sneezing, or being in public places
• Avoid touching your face
• Cough into a tissue (and throw it away) or into the crook of your arm, rather than your hand
• Avoid sharing food and drink
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
• Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care (if you believe you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 and have fever and coughing/trouble breathing, call your provider before visiting)
While the flu shot does NOT protect against COVID-19, it is recommended for general health. It’s not too late to receive your flu shot this season.