February is Children’s Dental Health Month, a great time to talk about ways we can help keep our kiddos’ teeth clean and healthy.
Did you know some foods and drinks are better for kids’ teeth than others? A few easy food swaps can put your child on a path toward healthier smiles—and fewer dental problems during the many years they rely on their baby teeth.
Food swaps for healthier teeth
- White milk (rather than fruit juice)
- Chewable vitamins (rather than gummies)
- Fresh fruits and veggies (rather than snacks)
- Cheese (rather than raisins)
- Water (rather than drinks)
- Crackers or pretzels (rather than potato chips)
- Yogurt (rather than ice cream)
- Cooked or whole grain cereal & bread (rather than dry sugary cereal)
- Tortillas (rather than tortilla chips)
Looking for a dentist near you?
Open Door happily accepts new dental patients. Care is by appointment, and same-day care is offered for those with immediate needs.
Learn more about the Open Door dental team, and call (765) 286-7000 today to schedule a visit.
Is dental care at Open Door affordable?
Care is provided at Open Door regardless of insurance coverage or ability to pay. Fees are based on your household size and income.
Private insurance, Medicaid, Hoosier Healthwise, and HIP are accepted.